Well, after working today I decided to come home and listen to the pod-cast of today's Neo-Stalwart/Republican debate that happened on Jerry Bader's radio show from Green Bay's WTAQ radio. Certainly an interesting listen, to say the least. If you want to act like that AT&T commercial and do a run while listening to it, you can do so here:
Or, you can watch it via Wisconsin Eye here: http://www.wiseye.org/videoplayer/vp.html?sid=8343
Few interesting things while listening/watching:
- Jeff Fitzgerald thinks Tommy Thompson is Conservative. (Laughing commences)
- Shorter Mark Neumann: People spend money & time on me, so believe me when I tell you I'm conservative
- Shorter Tommy Thompson: Don't forget what I did way back in the day before your high school Freshman was even born
- Shorter Eric Hovde: I don't like how "you two" are always picking on me
- Shorter Everyone: Name-check- Scott Walker, Mark Belling, Obamacare, tax, deficit, Paul Ryan, 10th Amendment, Founding Fathers, deregulation, Ronald Reagan, free-market, Ron Johnson, Private-Sector...
- Cognitive Dissonance Tommy Thompson: I was against Obamacare before everyone else, but after I was for it
- Shorter Jeff Fitzgerald: Why are we so negative? Why can't we be positive by being negative against Democrats?
- Shorter Everyone: I'm positive! No, I'm more positive! I'm most positive!
- Shorter Everyone: You went negative first! No, you went negative!
- Eric Hovde: I use big financial words so it seems like it has some correlation to sound governing
- Shorter Tommy Thompson: Federal Government should operate like State Government. Why would that be bad? (This is when I gagged a little)
- Eric Hovde: Government can't do anything right
- Shorter Mark Neumann: Did you know I hate Obama?
- Tommy Thompson: I won't vote for closing tax loopholes. (Seriously, he was asked if he would vote for a budget that would not raise taxes but only makes cuts and closes loop-holes and he said "no")
- Shorter Everyone: I won't raise the debt ceiling! (No matter if it collapses the economy again or not)
- Shorter Jeff Fitzgerald: Did you know I worked with Scott Walker in 2011?
- Eric Hovde is soooooo not ready for "prime-time" when it comes to foreign-policy
- Mark Neumann: (In style of "Vote Quimby") "True-Conservative"
- Thought in Tommy Thompson's Head: What the heck are my opponents talking about?!
- Tommy Thompson: These people up here say crazy things sometimes.
- Jeff Fitzgerald: I have a personality to lead people. (Yes, he really made that exact argument! Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoP4jP6yfvM)
- Eric Hovde: This is why Candidate A isn't Conservative, Candidate B isn't Conservative, Candidate C...
- Thought in Eric Hovde's head: Just simile... and smile... and smile...
- Tommy Thompson: Old man yells at cloud
- Mark Neumann: "Health Savings Accounts will solve everything" (Well, unless you have a chronic illness, or don't have a job that offers insurance, or have a high deductible account, or you hit lifetime caps, or....)
- Tommy Thompson: "You have control over your own chronic illnesses" (Unless you were born with juvenile diabeties, or you are a kid who plays sports and has a bum knee in your 20's, or you randomly develop some issue with something through no fault of your own. Cause that never happens?)
- Point I haven't heard addressed: What people who don't have employer insurance do? Or people who don't qualify for Badgercare? Or people in their 20's who have no savings because they are paying their student loans because no meaningful entry-level middle class jobs exist?!
- Eric Hovde: "Government is the reason healthcare costs have inflated" (#gasketblown)
- Robert Kennedy, Journalist: Question- Is compromise something you will do? Answer, Eric Hovde: "I will talk with the other side & work to bring them over to our side" (Yes, that is his definition of compromise)
- Shorter Tommy Thompson: I'm not old school! Who's Warren Knowles? Let's cite a bunch of statistics between 1986 & 2000
- Eric Hovde: "I liked my private sector life" (Read: I like a lot of money)
- Mark Neumann: "Conservatives do not compromise on fundamental principals." (Hey Tim Cullen, this is why Democrats don't really like the fact you were so "eager" to work with Scott Walker. It's playing into their hands! Read Eric Hovde's definition of compromise above)
- Eric Hovde: "If you have a brain tumor, you want the best out there" (Completely unaware of the fact that so many people in this country don't have that option, they want access to ANYONE who is competent in treating it)
- Shorter Mark Neumann: Eric Hovde, you're not from Wisconsin, so STFU about myself and Tommy Thompson
So in conclusion: you can choose between a Republican, a Batshitcrazy businessman, a banker who wants to buy a seat, & a person who thinks taking orders from more influential people & repeating a bunch of soundbites makes you capable of leading a nation. Hey Democrats, Liberals, & Progressives! Don't let Ron Johnson happen again in 2012!